Thursday, July 30, 2009

Introduction

Welcome! After punishing my friends on Facebook with countless political posts I decided to finally start a web log to channel my musings.

I chose "The Raleigh Tavern" for two reasons. First, "Raleigh Tavern" is already a blog so I had to use "The" in front of the proper name. Second, the real Raleigh Tavern is located in Williamsburg and was used as a meeting place for the Virginia House Of Burgesses after Royal Governor Botetourt dissolved the assembly for protesting recent British transgressions such as the Stamp Act and Revenue Act. The tavern was a spot for Thomas Jefferson, George Mason, Patrick Henry, Dabney Carr and other patriots to organize against their oppressive government that disrespected their liberty and freedom.

The blog will be a spot for me to express my thoughts and react to current events. At times I will be quite passionate and earnest. But other times I will attempt to push your buttons and hopefully challenge your beliefs and assumptions. Above all, I hope some of these words will inspire us all to be more active in our public life. Our form of government depends on an educated, engaged citizenry. Do your part or your government will part you from your money, your property and your liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Libertarian Party blogs